Anglican Service of Diakonia and Development
The Anglican Service of Diakonia and Development (SADD) was created by the Executive Council of the Igreja Episcopal Anglicana do Brasil in the first semester of 2008 and has the following attributions:
a) To guide and help with the methodological procedures when creating a social project in the Local, Diocesan and Provincial level.
b) To orientate the elaboration and implementation of social projects that are created by our churches, especially those which are create in accordance to the Anglican priorities and also ecumenical projects.
c) To train local leaderships and/or search for local human resources to help with the particular areas of work.
d) To articulate the sharing of experiences.
e) To develop materials in order to promote the projects and show the work of the church to everyone in our Province.
In accordance to the diocesan’s needs the National Social Diakonia Commission began to facilitate the implementation of SADD with the following priorities:
1) To create 4 databases;
2) To carry out workshops in every diocese;
3) To capacitate and articulate local leaderships.
During the last three years of existence, the main objectives of SADD were to motivate, to mobilize and to strength the diaconal social service of the Anglican Church in Brazil. These objectives have been achieved through the following local, regional and national activities:
1. Workshops and capacitation of leaderships have been carried out in every diocese both by the diocesan contact and by SADD’s coordination.
2. Diocesan projects were visited.
3. A National Articulation Meeting has been carried out.
4. Workshops have been carried out about PMA and Projects Management.
5. The Database has been monitored constantly.
SADD aims to continue supporting the social work of the Church providing advices and aides to diocesan social projects.